Thursday, May 12, 2011


Thursday, May 12, 2011

BAND OF (BODIE) BROTHERS

Knoxville, Tenn. - May 12, 2011 -- Larry Bodie, youngest brother of two of the founding members of the Advanced Workout Group reported to workouts today at the RBI facility. Larry, the very successful CEO of a well known local IT services company attempted to join the group now affectionately known as "Jerry's Kids".

Bryan Rodriguez, director of the RBI location, paired Larry with the namesake of the group and the Very Reverend David Boettner thinking Larry could handle the less strenuous workout the two are known for. Larry did fairly well until the bosu pushup segment that left him muttering "someone promised me there would be beer here".

At one point in the workout, it appeared that Father David might have to perform the Sacrament of the Sick more commonly known as "Last Rites". It was then pointed out by Kirk Icuss that even though Larry had recently signed a lucrative IT services contract with Sacred Heart Cathedral, he had not yet converted to the one true and holy apostolic church. Father David confirmed this report but indicated a deal had been struck that could see Larry's entire company attending services at the Cathedral in the next few weeks.

Others in the group compared Larry's visit with that of his middle brother Ken in July of last year. You might recall from an earlier report that Ken had quite a bit of trouble with plate pushes. It was pointed out to Larry the he was indeed fortunate that Miss Elise Icuss was not returning to the workout group until next week as she returns home for the summer break. Miss Icuss is known for her sharp wit and physical prowess as she almost brought Ken to tears at his first and ONLY visit to RBI last summer.

As Larry left the facility, he could be heard calling his office to officially take a "sick day". The group really hopes that Larry returns next week as there is a slight chance their daily rate from PTI could be reduced by as much as $1.35.

2 comments:

The Fat CEO said...

I must say that it was pretty embarrasing that my geriatric brother (and his geriatric friends) were able to lift more and endure more than I was this morning. Although I did not call in sick, I am taking the elevator instead of the stairs.

Although I am not Roman Catholic, I did consent to attend confessional with The Very Reverand Father David to ask forgiveness for the internal cursings that were happening at or about 7:25am.

I found it interesting that Bryan was amazed at my physique, stating "wow, a little of Jerry and a bit of Ken - I can work with this". I'm committed, short-term, to the group and to getting my body in (better) shape.

Lastly, my company takes great pride in helping our clients get to the next level with their technology. However, we seem to not be reaching everyone. I noticed that while Mr. Icuss got a new phone recently, he purchased ANOTHER BLACKBERRY - hence the reason for the terrible photo of me on this blog. My guess is he was following the advice of his dear friend Jerry.

Ken said...

Larry, I was glad to hear that Bryan finally admitted that I have the best body of the Bodie Brothers. If only I had hair...